CBRE Global Investors Central Europe
CBRE Global Investors Central Europe is a subsidiary of CBRE Group, Inc. With 52,000 employees and more than 370 offices worldwide, CBRE Group, Inc. is the largest international company providing a comprehensive real estate service.
The creation of the AIS (Asset Management Information System) to support the budgeting for commercial buildings from formulation to authorisation.
- The budget was authorized using a complex set of Excel files.
- Time-consuming manual data entry by individual building administrators from local systems.
- The need for manual counting, filling and editing of data.
- Inability to consolidate the budgets and compare budgets from various buildings.
- Problems with Excel files transfer.
- Delays and conflicts during the authorisation process.
- Total time-consumption due to the necessary participation of several parties.
- We have converted the current process of creating budgets by means of Excel documents into the custom-made AIS Budget information system.
- The system uses a central database using data from the local systems of building administrators.
- We have implemented a new enhanced functions for creating and managing budgets (e.g. the revenues forecast algorithm).
- The solution enables consolidated and comparative reports.
- Standardization of calculations, budget process and management thanks to the implementation of workflow.
- Increased efficiency of filling in data and budget adjustment thanks to the revenues forecast algorithm.
- Reducing of the number administered items by up to 30%.
- Possibility of on-line connection to other collaborating information systems.
„Six years ago, our company decided to find a suitably experienced company for the development of our IT solutions. Definity Systems were chosen and, unlike others, did not promise the impossible and accurately evaluated the possibilities of our partnership. Experts from Definity Systems carried out a very sophisticated system analysis and thereby proved its system was rapid and produced quality results. Therefore, for the further development of the project, we selected Definity Systems.“
Head of Asset Management Poland
CBRE Global Investors Poland, September 2015
IS for creating budgets and forecasts in electronic form and to secure the approval process
Web CCS is a specialized system that provides support to the process of budgeting and forecasting in electronic form and their subsequent circulation among responsible persons in charge, including the securing of the approval process. The system automatically evaluates budgets variances of individual cost centers and makes the budgets more accurate by means of forecasts. The system was designed as a lightweight thin client for Windows and works in an intranet environment.
- Reducing the time demands on staff by two thirds.
- Simple monitoring of the status of each document.
- Centralised database management system.
- A whole range of reports to facilitate the company costs management and monitoring.
„The Web CCS information System from Definity Systems is for us an important tool for the monitoring and control of costs in our company. Web CCS enables us to efficiently control the costs of each individual cost centre. The friendliness and professionalism of the people at DEFINITY is the foundation of our ever-evolving working relationship.“
Manager Finance & Operations CZ & Slovakia
CBRE Global Investors Czech Republic, May 2008
Replacement and extension of AIS Report (Asset Management Information System) for reporting of financial and opretaional data from commercial bulduings in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Existing system developed by a commissioned individual developer.
- The existing MS Access database was not efficient enough, the application response times were in the range of seconds.
- The lease contract was not strictly separated from the leased unit, which made detailed filtering and data comparison impossible.
- Increasing problems with transfer and synchronization of data between the building and the HQ.
- The developer didn’t have sufficient capacity for fixes, administration and requirements for further system development.
- Definity Systems carried out a detailed analysis of the legacy system and eliminated ambiguous definitions and monitored the processes concerning the system and the related logics, calculations and validations.
- Definity System designed a database with strict distinction between business entities (building / contract / unit) to enable detailed filtering and data comparison.
- New requirements have been incorporated into the system, for instance advanced data checks, predictions, interactive plans, photo documentation collection, improved ergonomics and a tool for creating custom user reports.
- Universal system for multi-currency, multi-country and multi-purpose (retail, office, logistic, residential) real estate operation.
- Streamlined checks of reported values thanks to automated validation.
- Short application response times made the process of entering a report the data much faster.
- The system now manages 30% more data than before.
- Historical data have been corrected during the transfer to the new system.
- The system enables creation of custom reports and detailed filtering and comparison of values and supports commercial reporting and portfolio analysis by using modern analytical tools such as heat maps and dashboards.
- The system is being developed further thanks to the sufficient availability of developers